Unfortunately, one of the most common cases of household pet poisoning is when your dog eats rat or mouse poison. If you discover your pet has ingested a rodenticide, emergency vet care is essential to saving your pet's life. The following guide will help you to know what to do if you discover your dog has become accidentally poisoned.
Know the symptoms.
The symptoms of poisoning depend largely on the type of poison ingested, but there are some symptoms that are common to them all, including:
Most people know that chocolate can make their dog very sick, and would never intentionally feed it to them. But how about other foods that you eat or have in your house? Dogs are notorious beggars – they love people food. And it's easy for a loving dog owner to give in and share a little of their snack with their furry friend. However, chocolate isn't the only human food that's dangerous for dogs.
Many dog owners are surprised to learn that their pets can develop diabetes at any point throughout their lifetime, and just like in humans, diabetes is a condition that can cause severe complications if left unmanaged. Therefore, if your dog has been diagnosed with diabetes, it's important to understand the implications of this and what you need to do to ensure its well-being. To help you with this, below are three commonly asked questions regarding diabetes in dogs: